“Customer service is not a department, it’s an attitude” ~ Unknown
Did you know that 70% of the customers that leave your business, do not leave because of price or product quality issues, but because they did not like the level – or lack – of customer service they received?
Go the extra mile. You don’t have to give away your products to please a customer. Sometimes just doing something simple and unexpected for them can make all the difference. Sending out hand-written thank you cards or placing a follow-up call to see if they are completely satisfied with the service or product can create a great deal of goodwill with your customers. Those customers will talk about their positive experience and spread the word.
Helpful Tips for creating a positive experience for your customer:
- Upbeat, positive attitude – it is a privilege to serve our customers.
- Under-promise and over-deliver.
- Do it right the first time. Pay attention to detail.
- Honesty and integrity at all times.
- Respect customers and fellow employees at all times.
- Support company decisions.
- Meet commitments. Resolve problems quickly.
- Exceed expectations whenever possible.
- Excellent service at all times – no excuses.